21 October 2018
The Knights of Columbus Woodlawn Council 2161 announces the award of a $500 scholarship grant to Subdeacon Justin Ong, who is studying for the holy priesthood with the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.
To date, Woodlawn Council has awarded $10,500 to traditional seminarians studying with the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest and the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter.
Posted by Administrator at 6:00 PM
17 October 2018
|Twenty-second Sunday after Pentecost|
Matthew 22, 15-21
Traditional Latin Mass
Twenty-second Sunday after Pentecost
21 October 2018, 12 noon
(Holy Rosary & Confessions begin at 11:30 AM)
St. Titus Church
952 Franklin Avenue, Aliquippa PA 15001
Celebrant: Fr. Ladis J. Cizik
Knights of Columbus Woodlawn Council 2161
Traditional Latin Mass Guild
Everyone is welcome to attend the Traditional Latin Mass on the
3rd Sunday of the month at 12 noon at St. Titus Church. See the complete 2018 schedule of Sunday Traditional Latin Masses here.
Posted by Administrator at 9:00 AM
10 October 2018
On Sunday, 7 October 2018, the Knights of Columbus Woodlawn Council 2161 Traditional Latin Mass Guild hosted a High Mass at St. Titus Church, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, to celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary and to commemorate the great Catholic victory at the Battle of Lepanto in 1571. Leading the procession before Mass was the Knights of Columbus flag followed by a reproduction of the Holy League flag that flew on the Catholic flagship at the Battle of Lepanto.
The celebrant was Canon John O'Connor of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.
After Mass, Woodlawn Council hosted the Eleventh Annual Battle of Lepanto Dinner.
Representatives of the Pittsburgh Latin Mass Community, Inc., presented Canon O'Connor with a $1,000 check for the Institute's seminary and an antique bible for their new rectory in Pittsburgh.
Canon O'Connor was the featured speaker after dinner. He gave a talk on the spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales, one of the primary patrons of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.
Woodlawn Council 2161 thanks the following sponsors of the Eleventh Annual Battle of Lepanto Dinner:
Frankovitch, Anetakis, Simon, DeCapio & Pearl, LLP
Caring Angels HomeCare Helpers
Woodlawn Council also thanks the Pittsburgh Latin Mass Community, Inc., for providing liturgical and logistical support for the Eleventh Annual Battle of Lepanto Mass & Dinner.
Queen of the Holy Rosary, pray for us.
Our Lady of Victory, pray for us.
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
Posted by Administrator at 11:30 AM
07 October 2018
Catholic Identity Conference 2018
Defending Catholic identity – in the reign of Pope Francis
2-4 November 2018
Weirton, West Virginia
Daily Traditional Latin Mass
- Chorbishop Anthony Spinosa - Rector of the Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Lebanon, North Jackson, Ohio;
- Dr. John Rao - Author, Associate Professor of History at St. John's University, New York City, and Director of The Roman Forum;
- Matt Gaspers - Associate Editor, Catholic Family News;
- Mike Church - Host of The Mike Church Show;
- Fr. Hugues Beaugrand, IBP - Traditional Latin Mass chaplain Hollister and Pismo Beach, California;
- Diane Montagna - Rome Correspondent, LifeSiteNews;
- Fr. Jonathan Loop, SSPX - Principal of Immaculate Conception Academy, Post Falls, Idaho;
- Michael Matt - Editor of The Remnant;
- Roberto De Mattei - Historian, Author, President of the Lepanto Foundation, Rome, Italy;
- Fr. Gregory Pendergraft, FSSP - Pastor of St. Stephen of Hungary Church, Allentown, Pennsylvania;
- Peter Baklinski - LifeSiteNews Journalist, Senior Staff Member;
- Elizabeth Yore - International Child Protection Attorney;
- Christopher Ferrara - Author, President of American Catholic Lawyers Association, Inc.; and
- Joining by pre-recorded message, Bishop Athanasius Schneider, ORC - Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Mary Most Holy in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Posted by Administrator at 1:00 PM